oUR WORLD CLASS FACILITIES
Harrow International School Appi boasts state-of-the-art facilities in a stunning setting. The design is based on accumulated expertise across the Harrow International group and incorporates the best of contemporary school design with access to technology and nature.
Situated in the stunning environment of Appi Kogen, the school benefits from direct access to nature: pollution-free air, star-filled nights, and a clean healthy environment. The biggest ski resort in Japan, a 36-hole golf course, and 18 tennis courts are all readily available for student access.
Against such a backdrop and with such facilities on their doorstep, students are inspired and motivated to do more, and to be more, than they ever thought possible.
Mirroring the edge-of-city setting of Harrow School in the UK, the school’s unique location provides the opportunity for challenge and for quiet reflection. Whether hiking in the hills or gazing out of a boarding house window, students are connected with and learn through nature.
Whether studying Physics or skiing fresh snow, academic excellence goes hand-in-hand with a profound connection to the environment and to sporting pursuits, allowing Harrow Appi students to become leaders for tomorrow.
Harrow Appi is a fully integrated digital campus. Teachers and students use technology as an integral part of the curriculum, the super curriculum, and throughout the co-curricular programme.
Lessons at Harrow Appi utilise the very latest digital teaching methodologies. A carefully planned blend of face-to-face and digital content sees students
augmenting their learning in and out of the classroom with carefully managed access to online resources and inspiring enrichment materials; for example,
live-streamed talks from famous Harrovians, Harrow Family competitions, and collaboration with other Harrow Family students.
A secure ‘digital educational ecosphere’ gives students (and parents) access to timetables, curriculum resources, to homework assignments, progress reports and assessment grades. Daily and class attendance is taken digitally, with parents able to remotely access attendance data. For parents concerned about visiting
Appi to meet with teachers, we offer ‘digital parent-teacher consultations’. You can call in from wherever in the world you are to meet your child’s teachers
and to discuss their progress.
At the heart of our digital campus is our ‘Innovation Hub’, a centre of creativity, collaboration and digital transformation which supports the development of
Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths (STEAM) studies.
Despite the global pandemic, construction remains very much on schedule for our August 2022 opening.
Most of the Harrow Appi academic facilities construction is now complete, and we invite you to the campus visit from February.
Highlights of the Harrow Appi Campus include:
- The STEAM Centre (The Innovation Hub) provides Science, (digital and traditional) Technologies, Engineering, Art and Mathematics spaces, allowing for a multi-disciplinary approach to this important area of learning.
- The Creative Arts Centre, with a full Drama and Dance School, including black box theatre, drama and dance studios and a Green Room.
- The Music School with two large Ensemble Rooms (with magnificent views), practice rooms, a recording studio, plus several options for show case performances.
- ‘Speech Room’ (the Auditorium), of great importance in the daily life of the school, for assemblies, performances, visiting speakers and exhibitions in this uplifting space with a grand picture window overlooking Harrow Lake and the golf course.
- The double Sports Hall sitting above our 25-metre indoor swimming pool and next to two natural grass rugby/football pitches. A conditioning room and martial arts studio ensure a wide range of sporting options can be covered on campus.
In the meantime, we are delighted to share with you site photographs and images. We can’t wait to be on the mountain, enjoying the fresh air, natural environment, and perhaps even doing some skiing with you and your children.